Sunday, March 18, 2012

Ladies who Brunch!

I love any excuse to see my girlfriends and also any excuse to cook and try out some new recipes. One perfect Sunday morning I invited six beautiful friends over for brunch. For the table styling I picked a palette of black, yellow and white. The colours looked fresh and reflected the morning sun of the day.


The Menu
I wanted the food to be set up on the table and the guests to eat as they pleased.

 My Glossy black teapot from Tout Mon Amour

The Table setting 

Baked Ricotta with prosciutto and homemade relish. The small white dishes are from....... Target... yes thats right at only $1 each!!! Its an elegant way of serving small dishes.

Zucchini fritters with creme fraiche and dill

Yogurt, berry pots with honey baked macadamia nuts


Tea-bag choc dipped cookies- serve at each teacup

Twist on a classic- I grew up with my mum making pineapple tea cake, especially since it was my brothers favourite... and still is. I made miniature versions with honey buttercream and made a pineapple flower (made by drying a slice of pineapple in a slow oven- looks like a sunflower) 

Go on ring your friends and hold a brunch at home- any recipes can be posted upon request.
Happy Event planning




1 comment: